Monday, March 30, 2009

Confession of a Christian Preacher! (Part 2 of 3)

Question:(unedited)
I am a simple fellah: I've tried Vipassana and I love the Dammapada. I'd like to basically live a practice that is simple to do daily, that will eventually give me answers as I go, and that will provide a degree of peace/happiness providing achievement. Furthermore, I love helping others, so I'd like to know where to point them, for example all the lost young people out there, confused and aimless and dedicated to self and self only. I can meditate twenty minutes in the morning and evening, and memorize the Dammapada daily, and follow the five precepts. Is that enough for a good Buddhist life?
Let me know and thank you for your time.
R......

My comment:
Hi R.....,

I am assuming that you are the same R.... the "super evangelist". Welcome back. What you are doing now is good enough as a good Buddhist. Actually what we need is peace of mind and inner happiness; such intrinsic experience cannot be bought with money or power. If we follow the advice of the Buddha to lead a dignified, noble and harmless life, then we will find inner peace and happiness. This is so because we are now willing to reduce our greed, hatred and delusion. Others will see your change and when they are curious to ask, it's time you could share your discovery with them.

1 comment:

A true Malaysian said...

"Actually what we need is peace of mind and inner happiness...."

Justin, your comment on this Part 2 of 3 is in fact quite similar with mine on Part 1 of 3.

I didn't read your Part 2 of 3 before I commented on Part 1 of 3.

In fact, I am eagerly waiting you to post Part 3 or 3.

Related Posts with Thumbnails